There are several possible reasons why the terminal may not be operating properly or processing transactions. To check the most likely causes, please follow the steps below.
- Check the magnetic card reader
- Perform a test transaction using several different magnetic stripe cards to ensure the problem is not a defective card.
- Make sure you are swiping cards properly. With the VeriFone card reader, the black, magnetic stripe on the card should face down, toward the keypad.
- Process a transaction manually using the keypad instead of the card reader. If the manual transaction works, the problem may be a defective card reader.
- Check the telephone line.
- Connect to a working telephone and check for a dial tone. If there is no dial tone, replace the cable and test again.
- May be the network issue internally faced by location.
- DSL/EHERNET cable might be faulty, check the cable by connecting to PC/Laptop and check if internet works.